My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tolerance vs Love

"We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God. "
-St. Francis De Sales
image hosting

Tolerance says, "You must approve of what I do."
Love responds, "I must do something harder: I will love you even when your behavior offends me.

"Tolerance says, "You must agree with me."
Love responds, "I must do something harder: I will tell you the truth, because I am convinced 'the truth will set you free.'

"Tolerance says, "You must allow me to have my way."
Love responds, "I must do something harder: I will plead with you to follow the right way, because I believe you are worth the risk."

Tolerance seeks to be inoffensive;
Love takes risks.
Tolerance glorifies division;
Love seeks unity.
Tolerance costs nothing;
Love costs everything.

(Author - Anon)
image hosting

2 lilsifi:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    " E UFIUFI MEA UMA ILE ALOFA ". " LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS."

  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    mo'omo'oga,
    sis sa'o lelei lava oe. E pei lava o upu o le Tusi 1 Korinito 13:13
    "A o lenei, o tumau le faatuatua, ma le faamoemoe ma le alofa, a o le sili o na mea o le alofa lea."

    Have a blessed week.

Post a Comment

<< Home