My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Friday, July 14, 2006

It's HOT ! Scorchin' HOT!

blog images
It's is so hot right now, I feel as if though my brain blog images is on a skillet being turned over slowly... melting by degrees. (now if you can understand that then either you are as hot as I am or you understand me better than I do myself..lol) Anyways that image has reminded me of that "Say No to Drugs" advertisement on American Tv.
"This is your brain.. this is ur brain on drugs szzht .!" blog Layouts
Not a pretty picture unfortunately, the same can be said of how I look most of the time now. My clothes are sticking to my body not because I am into tight fitting attires but because my tee shirts after a span of say 30 minutes get soaked through looking like they were painted on.

This heat isblog unbearable, some people may think that coming from a tropical island I should be used to such conditions. Yes I am from a small island where the only seasons we get to experience is Wet N Dry but folks, the beaches are no more than a stroll away. The best ones will require a drive but they are worth the trip. There are also a couple of water holes in town like Fuipu'a and Loto Samasoni, Sliding Rocks if you need a quick fix.

blog layouts Not forgetting the trusty old water hose. Granted that not every family in Samoa enjoys the luxury of a swimming pool in the backyard but u can bet ur money that most households are in possesion of a water hose. (Our one was bought especially to water my dad's hedge and secondly for my mom to wave around to remind us, of what lies in store for those who mis behave.)
Unlike here in Japan where the water hose is used strictly to wash cars, drive ways, water the gardens etc, back home u can hose yourself down in full view of the passing public if u desire an audience *jokes* ha!ha!

blog imagesBut honestly I am Hot, so hot that the only thought in my head is to find a place where I can sit/eat or sleep without having to wipe my face a kazillion times or fan myself to the point where I feel like I have dislocated my wrist.blog Layouts I want to find a cool place where sweat rags are prohibited. I am hot and I am having trouble sleeping.. even food is losing its appeal. I am hot and not only has it affected my appetite it has also interfered with my usual jolly disposition. (yeah rite)

I have no excuse to offer my husband for my snide un warranted remarks, nor to my daughter for my un responsiveness to her playful gestures.
It's hot and my temper is flaring up right along with it. I am hot and the constant showers are not helping. I am hot and not even the choice of different flavored blog Layouts and imagesblog layouts in the refridgerator is making things better.

blog images

11 lilsifi:

  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger Coconut Girl said…

    I know exactly what you mean. I remember my first (and last) summer in Beppu. I thought I would die. The heat wave was overpowering. I didn't know I could produce that much sweat. Samoa's heat is a pinprick compared to the agony of Beppu summers. Heh.

    Toaga e faamalu ma nofonofo i lalo o le paipa. OR stay in the cyber lab all day. Imagine that in a couple of months it'll be snowing!! Yech.

    Hugs & kisses from us...

  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    Gosh gurl ur so right but then I'd prob be complainin' again once my face feels like its gonna fall off from the cold.

    This blimey weather !Too hot too cold? Aww I miss home gant weit 2 try out dat Hipnotiq drink of urs..

    Sendin' some love across the cyber waves to u three!

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Hey You,
    Look on the bright side, heat kills your appetite. It does me, so think of it as loosing weight or at least water weight. Have a great weekend. Ciao...

  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    mo'omo'oga,
    suga I wish the not eating part would show up physically but misi akoa.
    The heat is still such a bother that instead of the little ice cream cones the big tubs are begining to look mighty fine.

    ia ua akili ai le pupuru. I'm sweating a river and losing not a single pound..lol Ia ae onosai ia!

    Have a good weekend gurl.

  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger kuaback said…

    aawwww man...
    note to self: 'neva be in beppu during summer time'..hehehe..
    kalofa e ia oe ma si au lil princess, faa aircon loa le mea..hehe
    ai la ua e pae'e i ga i le vevela ma lou afu faasoloador..hehehe..se kala pesto a..

    hugs and kisses to u and the pricess

    SupaJen.

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    Heya ladies,
    Finally we have Installed our small air con unit. It is only able to cool our bedroom at most but I guess beggars can't be choosers. I have to give up my tv time as the 2 fans in our living room are basically just taking up space..but I have moved my laptop to muh bedroom so I guess I can still do some damage from in there ..lol.
    Yay I feel alive...

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Saurabh Banerjee said…

    I understand exactly what you mean. But there is a way out. It is hard but works. No matter how hot it is outside if you can keep your mind cool the effect of the heat will be much less.

    There is the physical sensation of heat and then there is the emotional response which compounds it and makes it worse. You cannot do anything about the outside weather, but you can definitely control the inside weather. It is hard but it can be done. Give it a sincere try. Make yourself calm. Tell yourself that you will not have a emotional outbreak no matter how hot it is outside.

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    saurabh,
    thanks for that will definately try it.

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Suga,
    You jinxed our weather girl... It was a sorcher this past weekend-in the 100s. Se, na'o le nofo lava i totonu e malu ma relaxing. So all my errrands were left undone. But I really like your friends solution, I will definitely give it a try...Manuia..

  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    mo'omo'oga,
    sorry gurl, lol.. didn't mean to. the weather is still no better here. the companies who owns them vending machines that sells drinks are making a killing. I know I should be grateful because despite the fact that the heat is extremely uncomfortable. Having rockets or nuclear missles rain down on you is far more unpleasant

    Manuia le vaiaso suga.

Post a Comment

<< Home