My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Woman's Tears.

blog

I can still remember what our Samoan Language teacher Mr Afatiti Leiataua said to us one day in class when I was in Samoa College... "E taugata loimata o le tina!". A mother's tears are exprensive. He wanted to remind us that the tears a mother sheds when she is happy is a far cry from that those she releases when she has been hurt by something we or others might've said or done. Hosted by SparkleTags.comIt didn't register then but it sure makes a whole lot of sense now. I gave my mom a lot of grief back then and even sadder I think I have brought her to tears once or twice. Thinking about it now I pray that she has either forgotten completely or has totally forgiven me for all that. (knowing my mom she probably did both a long long time ago)

I think of some of my friends whose mother's have passed away already and I thank God that mine is still around. That even though the aches and pains of old age is quickly catching up with her, she still has her wicked sense of humor and all the other loving qualities that makes me so proud to be her daughter and grateful that she is my mom.

What has brought this on?? This little piece of writing has something to do with it. Came across it while I was browsing my fav graphics site Sparkletags.
Hope you'll enjoy it.

Hosted by SparkleTags.com
I believe all women, ought to be treated in such a loving way. Neeways I'm gonna demand money for my tears next time someone makes me cry *jokes*
This one is for you ladies.. something for the gentlemen to ponder and hopefully put into action!
I love these little stories and so I have added this one to this entry perhaps it will help clear up many things for a lot of people.
Why do Women Cry?
Hosted by SparkleTags.comA little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?"
"Because I'm a woman," she told him. "I don't understand," he said.
His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."
Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?" "
All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.
The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry. Finally he asked God. He said, "God, why do women cry so easily?"
God said: " When I made the woman she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.
I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.
I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.
I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.
I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.
I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.
And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."
"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides." (Anon)
That's it for today folks!
blog LayoutsHosted by SparkleTags.com

blog

3 lilsifi:

  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Hello,
    So true, unfortunately some Samoan men, not all of them, will rule with an iron fist in their families. I'm glad to say that I am raising my son otherwise, to appreciate women for who they are and what they contribute. Thanks... ttyl...

  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger kuaback said…

    Hey momma,
    I am deeply touched and saddened...
    needless to say, I got in a big argument wit my dear mother begining this week and it hit me bad when i saw tears rolling down her eyes..well we sorted hings out after that but i hope and pray that she has forgiven or will forgive me...
    but then it was one of those times when i just couldnt take it anymore and i jst lost it..u feeling me..?..lol...nah...jks...
    i need to redeem myself and stob being a useless ekk aye..lol..

    have a good one and keep em posts comin

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    oh well,
    I hear you, most Samoan men still think that to be a "real man" they have to make sure the woman knows her place. That a man who helps his wife with da household chores and helps take care of the kids is a weakling who is scared of his wife. (it may be true in some cases) but these days a number of enlightened men know that a healthy marriage is a partnership where both parties have equal say in what goes on.
    I believe that most of the men who hold in their wives in high regard have their mom's to thank for their understanding disposition.
    Your son will join those who value and appreciate women.
    Thanks for dropping by.

    Supasta,
    Your mom has prob forgotten the incident already mom's have that wonderful capacity to put our minds @ ease after such mishaps.
    I know that there are times when we will blow our tops but lets just hope that our mom's wont always be @ the receiving end of them. As they are pretty fantastic people and deserve all our love and care.
    Take care sweetie fanks for stopping by.

Post a Comment

<< Home