My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Smurfs Addict!

Because it is Monday and I have not had a proper sleep since Saturday. I have no inspiration to write what I have been up to lately and even then I haven't done anything interesting worth blogging about so instead I have travelled back in time to bring to the present a memory from my past of something I used to enjoy.

When I was young like a trillion years ago I used to wake up early Saturday mornings to get my weekend fix of American cartoons. I would sit infront of the telly to watch the KVZK line up which included Godzilla, Turbo Teen, Rubic the Magic Cube, The A Team, Pony Tales, Mighty Orbots, Spider Man, Care Bears, Scooby Doo etc etc.At the top of my list was Smurfs I was addicted to it.
Hosted by SparkleTags.com If you can remember these cute little blue people then you might understand my fascinaton with them. I loved all of 'em from Papa Smurf, to Brainiac, the little painter guy, that joker who loves to make explosive presents, the baker...
I didn't understand why there was only one girl Smurfet

image hosting

but I loved their adventures especially their little village.
I loved each time Papa Smurf and his little group of feisty followers would foil Gargamel's evil plots and Azriel would get zonked on the head and see stars the silly cat.
Hosted by SparkleTags.comMany times I would find myself humming the theme song "la la la la la la la la la" Quite a catchy lil tune.
Hosted by SparkleTags.comI don't know if my daughter will enjoy the Smurf's show as much as I did as she is very much into the Japanese manga & cartoons such as the Puffy and Ami Show, Transformers, Powder Puff, Pokemon etc but I hope she will be a smurfs fan in the future. It can be one of the many things we can share together!

blog layouts

3 lilsifi:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Oka Suga,
    Memories, memories... Saturdays @ 9am infront of our TV. Usually, Mom would say, " A fia matamata TV ia vave ala i luga e fai au feau." Which I always did. Funny how my son would ask me what Cartoons I watched when I was little and " Smurfs and My little Pony." were top... Thanks for this little trip down memory lane...Manuia..

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger I like me just fine :)) said…

    I loved smurfs...no one wiser than the big don himself...Papa Smurf - I thought that he doubled as santa for the little magical creatures in the winter! I don't know about you but Gargamel scared the pants off me, i mean hello, that dude was EVIL!

  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    moomooga & nets,
    thanks for stoppin' by ladies. Its good to know that there are still Smurfs fans out there.

    You're right nets, Papa Smurf could solve almost any problem and he was so dignified and adorable with his beard and all.
    As for Gargamel he was one sad/pathetic dude...extremely thick and nasty to the core.

    Take care ladies have a blessed week.

Post a Comment

<< Home