My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Jesus Take The Wheel.

blog

Today I attended our latest "Research in Progress Seminar." Four are conducted per academic year or twice per semester. This is a forum where we get to present or share our proposals, methodologies/theoretical frameworks, hypothesis/thesis statements/research problems, our findings/conclusions & recommendations and any other relevant information pertaining to our research with our collegues, in the presence of our supervisors and other professors.

Two of my brothers presented this morning Indra and Emil. I take my hat off to these two guys. They put in a lot of hard work, poured their hearts n soul into their research and it was evident in their presentations. Clear and concise it was certainly one of our more productive gatherings. I am very proud of what they have already achieved. Most of the feedback during the Q & A time was positive and useful. I am sure the guys will make any adjustments and editions if thought necessary but so far, I firmly believe that they have done a bang up job!

Indra and Emil plus a couple of other people will submit their final drafts end of September and after that we can only hope and pray for positive results. I gained a lot of insight and encouragement from the seminar. It was also a wake up call for me to evaluate my own progress. The boys enthusiastic and thorough preparations provided not only motivation and inspiration for me but also a clear guideline of what I need to do in order to get my dissertation up to par.

blog

Lord I will do the best I can, but I know that I will need your help to reach that finish line successfully. So please Jesus Take the Wheel! With you at the helm I know that I stand a good chance of getting there, for through you anything is possible even for someone as lowly as myself.

I will continue to depend on you Lord for all and everything. I trust in your faithfulness O God. Look kindly upon your unworthy servant Father, for my strength comes from you and on your love and grace I pin all my hopes and dreams.
image hosting

6 lilsifi:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Hi Dasifi,
    Proverbs 3: 5-7 - " Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding.. In all your ways acknowledge Him. And He shall make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes. Fear the Lord and shun evil.." It's such a blessing to have a fellow blogger not only live by faith but truly express it. You will succeed.. Fa'alagolago pea i le Alii... Manuia-..

  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    peachy,
    Thanks for the vote of confidence girl, especially for the lovely reminder.
    Truly we worship an amazing God and it is he who gives us the strength and confidence to face each day. Jehovah Jira our Provider, Our Rock and Comforter.
    Don't know where I'd be without his love. Definately couldn't have done much without the guidance of his Holy Spirit. Most certainly wouldn't have much of a life without our Lord and Savior.
    Faamanuia le Atua ia te oe ma le aiga.

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    So true. "O e ua iai taliga ina fa'alogo ia." You will never go wrong with Lord. He is the bright morning star, the author and signer of our faith, Alpha and Omega.. THE GREAT I AM... Girl don't get me started.. Be encouraged that your greatest help is his Holy Spirit... God Bless you and yours...

  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    peachy,
    you can carry on till ur heart's content and it'll be sweet music to these ears.
    In God's words we find direction and guidance. U are absolutely right, one will never go wrong in the Lord.

    Soifua.

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Coconut Girl said…

    Good luck Tupe sis. The Lord has brought you thus far, and He will continue to guide you throughout the rest of your studies.

    You of all people will definitely make it. You were made for better things, Tupz. I know it. My heart's with you, as are my prayers.

    Love you lots...

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    Nydz,
    Thanks for the lovely words of encouragement. Honto Ni Arigato Gozaimashita.
    There are times when the work load feels a bit too much to bear but the love n prayers and God's presence carries one through.
    Just let me borrow ur brains when mine hits critical ok, hehe!
    Love you guys too.
    God Bless.

Post a Comment

<< Home