My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Proud and Happy Graduates.

Myspace layouts
Today was our Fall Graduation and many parents turned out to witness the successful culmination of their childrens studies.
For the graduates it was both a time of great happiness and immense sorrow for it would be the last time for most to see friends who have become like family. Those who they have shared 4 or two years of their lives with.

This graduation would have been a milestone for our University for its first Doctoral degree was to be conferred upon our brother Viliami Uasike Latu of Tonga. However due to the passing of his Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV Viliami could not be here to receive the honors due to him.
As one of the now senior officials in the Prime Minister's Office they are up to their necks in meetings amongst other duties in preparation for the Kings burial. The timming is unfortunate but we can not stay the course of death.

I am very happy that all of our close friends graduated but saying good-bye would be really difficult. I know that I will miss my son Mitchell very much but glad he will be going home to Hawaii to pursue his dream of being a policeman. I know he will make a fine officer of the law.

Elsa with big bro Mitch.

Best of luck and God speed also to our other friends Kensuke, Yosef (Indonesia), Mario (Indonesia) Lahela (Hawaii) Melody (USA/JAPAN), Merissa (Brazil/Japan), Jocelyn (Uganda) Rhazuel Baba (Malaysia), Kevin Abe (USA), Joshi (Nepal) etc






















Elsa with buddy Yosef. (Baggio)

Myspace layouts

3 lilsifi:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Coconut Girl said…

    OMG...MITCHI!!!! Omedetoo my boy. Congratulations on graduating. Aww I feel like crying. And also to Mario, Lahela, Melody, Jocelyn and Joshi (the only ones I remember...heehee).

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Oh man, what a handsome son you have there...Congrats on Graduation Mitch! ;) And the others....=)

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    Can you beliv Nydz da boy is now a man with a degree..lol

    Dylan thanks for stoppin' by. My boy Mitch he is a keeper. Has a great big heart to go with the good looking face.
    I will miss him a lot but Hawaii aint far and he'll prob be back sometime.

Post a Comment

<< Home