My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Been a while..

blog images
blog images Fellow bloggers, hisashiburi ne! (its been a long time)
Been workin' my tush off to get a couple of my papers in on time, needless to say I am totally hammered (is that an approriate term) Working non stop with a few stolen moments of sleep in between is no way to live so I have promised myself that I will change my study habits..umm how old am I now and how many times was that promised made and broken???
image hostingOk, so I am not the most reliable person when it comes to keeping promises to myself and I know I really ought to change in regards to how I carry out my studies but I am so used to this mad dash to beat the deadline routine. It's such a powerful adrenaline rush. But pulling off a couple of all nighters only to walk around in the daytime like a zombie growling at everything and anything is really no fun. Just ask my poor husband and daughter who for most of the time had to keep far far away from me seeing each other only at meal times.
blog imagesBut now I can breathe normally again the bulk of the work's done I still have to edit and revise some more but at least it's under control. When I feel like I am being pulled in different directions I berate myself for being lazy and for procrastinating too much but still haven't learned. I know I have to I can't afford to screw up.
blog imagesMissing home didn't make things go any easier but the faces of loved ones passing through my mind gave me the encouragement I needed that and the little "mama u can do it" smiles my lil girl would throw at me whenever she comes into the study room to see me, was another major booster. Not forgetting the coffee and sensational meals my husband cooked. I thank God so much for them, whether they feel the same about me is questionable..lol
blog images Well I have to hit the books again soon trying to keep this momentum going but at least there's no pressure as I am on my own time again. I have re-integrated myself back into the family unit. The other two seem a little reserved, I can't blame them they are perhaps wondering when the other persona will pop up again but I guess we have a reprive for now we'll see when October comes around and school kicks in again..lol*jokes*
Hopefully by then mama will be more organized possibly even a model student by then pe a leva lava!
blog images

6 lilsifi:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Hi Dasifi,
    I know.. I was hoping things were alright but I kinda knew you were probably swamped with papers to complete. Fa'amalosi pea.. My hat's off to you for managing to be a mother, a wife and student. Mom's been begging me to go back to school.. E, ete iloa foi tina ma a latou tala, " O afea ete toe alu ai ile aoga.. Ta ofo ia te oe na'o le tasi lau tama.. E mafai pea a tu'u ai lou loto." Mama's will be mama's right??? She means well.. But continued blessings-fa'alagolago pea i le Alii... Have a great day to you and yours... Fa..pht..

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Fotu said…

    I've no doubts you'll get through fine... I share your last minute habit so if you ever find out to break that one, give a girl a heads up will ya? hehehe...

    All the best!

    Love and prayers

    Fotu :)

  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Red said…

    Hi Dasifi,

    All the best with the rest of your papers/assignments, I'm sure you wouldn't have gotten this far if you couldn't do it. Have faith, you can never have too much of that in your life.

    Thanks for the comments on my infant blog. Hopefully it will improve with time, like a lovely bottle of sparkling wine :)

    Tah-rah

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    peachy,
    I so get what u mean abt mamas and what they want the best we can do is fai lava le tali filemu sei maua se avanoa..lol.

    Fawdu,
    looks like u'll have to give lessons to this old woman who still cant get her priorities right.

    re:serves,
    You hit the nail on the head gurl I need a whole lotta faith to see this through but I also need work hard coz I know the Lord will do his part and I need to do mine.
    Baby blog..gurl you have killer writer skills.
    Your blog will mellow like expensive vintage wine.

    Thanks for dropping by ladies. God Bless you and Urs.
    Soifua ma ia manuia.

  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger kuaback said…

    hey tupstar
    oka ua liva liva aso...hehehe
    hey gurl..jst wanted to stop by spread some luv
    take care and have a good one
    kiss the princess for me

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger dasifi said…

    jp crocka,
    thanks for stoppin' by bro. I bet you have more talent/creativity in ur lil finger than I have in my entire body. As for the blog designs nothin' special, maybe for the others the cleverness parts holds true as for me no particular skills involved just the result of having way too much time le faaaoga lelei ae malosi le faaku poloka..lol I mean fai fai blog rofl.. Take care now & God Bless.

    Supasta Jensifer,
    Honey child the thought of u n Fotu there in Hula Land is conjuring up all sorts of images. fun.crazy wild and wacky ones.
    But its all good. You take of urself and of Sam too.
    Alofas from me and the lil Rat.

Post a Comment

<< Home