My Life in Japan

The Ins and outs of my time here in Japan.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Martina N Fungavai Turns 21.

blog Layouts
Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics
Hosted by SparkleTags.comToday one of our friends who is more like a younger sister/daughter turns 21 the lovely and funny Miss Martina Navratilova Fungavai from Tonga. Yes her parents were hard out Navratilova Fans hence the name. But like her namesake she's gotta a pretty mean backhand. Tina has represented her home country in a number of tournaments and circuits. Tintin or Quito as she is affectionately known around here lost her mom some years ago, but despite not having a motherly figure around she has managed to work her way through many obstacles to study here at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University on a Monbukagakusho (Japanese Government) Scholarship

Though far from home we hope to put together a party that would stay in her memory for a long time. So at 12pm we are supposed to be up at school second floor of the Cafeteria. Kaitu'u her uncle has already ordered a cake and we just bring food and drinks of course our delectable selves har har.. Lisa will spring for some KFC and the boyz Tim Tams. Then Saturday we will have the whole shebang oh yayer Partayyy at Spa Beach.

In most of parts of the Pacific including Samoa when a child turns 21 they are presented with a giant sized key whose tradition it is or where it originated from I don't know. It is usually a piece of wood carved to resemble a house or door key adorned in colored glass with numerous designs supposedly symbolic of the personal freedom they have now attained. Meaning in parts that decisions that will directly impact their lives will be on them. You can still count on your parents for support financial or otherwise but if you find your self in a jam you try to get out by yourself or give your buddies a holler..lol..

One can only imagine the kind of door you can open with such a key: but you can also interpert it as your official ok to consume alcohol.. Uh huh!.. you have finally graduated from cordial drinking class ..lol..Yes you may have started around 17/18 but now you can do so infront of ur parents without fear of repercussions.
You can have a girlfriend or boyfriend provided they pass the appraisal of everyone else in your family.
You can drive the car at any hour provided you refill the gas tank.
Nah its not that bad...

layout for myspace I can't really speak for other island countries but in Samoa we have no problem with still living at home with your parents even when we turn 21. Take me for example when I am back home in Samoa I live with my mom and dad. My room since I can recall from childhood is still mine. It has been occupied over the years but when I am back home that room reverts back to me. But that's just my sorry ass no house of my own no piece of property just waiting in vain to win the Lotto,American Sweepstakes etc etc...





I can't remember what exactly I did for my birthday...no it has nothing to do with how old I am now..and everything with how wasted I was then. Though the details are kinda hazy I believe I had a really great time.

I hope Quito has a smashing time we will try our best to usher you gently into this new and exciting time of your life after all youre only 21 once and what is the point of being given a key if you don't try to open at least one door.
TANJOBI NO OMEDETOU GOZAIMASU!!

Update: from the fotos you can see that we had a lovely time. The cake was awesome real big compared to the usual Japanese Bithday Cakes awfully yummy too. Lisa got her KFC but poor girl had to rush off for her presentation. Azahar came around with a gift as well. Well there is still Friday at Fellowship as well as Saturday but there could be karaoke tonite as well but as the weather is so bad me and baby will have to sit this one out. Anyways Cheers Quito..

Quito which is more yummy the cake or the company..ahh maybe both har har..
God Bless you Bountifully dear.blog Layouts
blog Layouts

4 lilsifi:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Coconut Girl said…

    Awww I hate your photos. It really makes me miss APU a lot. It's good to see you guys, and Ron and Michael and everyone. *sigh*

    Lots of love from me to all the crew @ APU.

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    If only you knew how much we miss you, boy if u and Tino were here the crew would spoil that beautiful bebe. Cherry kisses and sushi hugs for baby n mama. Love ya.

  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger Peachy.. said…

    Manaia le Keke Aso Fanau. Great to see that you guys stick together... I don't celebrate birthdays anymore. I've remained 25 many many moons now...Hey, my son, bless his heart says that I'm the most beautiful Mom- That's all it matters right??? Manuia le vaiaso.

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger dasifi said…

    Your son aint the only one that thinks so. Gosh girl you have the total package. I think I too will choose to remain 25 forever ..lol.

Post a Comment

<< Home